Tournament+ & League+ Transition
Starting 08/15/2022, 18Birdies has migrated leagues tournaments exclusively to the 18Birdies app.
We're excited to announce the release of tournaments and leagues within the 18Birdies app. Our goal was to make the tournament and league product as simple as possible for any level of tournament and league organizer and participant.
As a result of this improvement, 18Birdies has had to make the hard decision to sunset our 18Birdies for Business Product; which includes the Tournament+ and League+ web-based platform. Throughout the year, we’ll be transitioning away from 18Birdies for Business, starting with Tournament+, followed by League+.
Starting August 15th, 2022, you'll need to use the 18Birdies app to create and manage new tournaments going forward.
If you're managing a future tournament or a league in the 18Birdies for Business platform, you can transition to the 18Birdies app after August or finish your Tournament+ events scheduled through the end of 2022.
Within the 18Birdies app, you'll have the ability to create, manage, keep score and see live results directly from the 18Birdies mobile app. Later in the year, leagues will also be available in the app.
What’s happening to my Tournaments and Leagues in business.18birdies.com?
Through 2022, you can access your tournament in Tournament+, however for any new tournaments after August 2022 you’ll need to use the 18Birdies app.
- After 08/15/2022, no new tournaments can be created using Tournament+.
- If you have a scheduled tournament starting after 08/15/2022, you’ll be able to view results in Tournament+ as well as the app.
- You can view Tournament+ tournaments through 2022, however, you will not be able to edit or manage any changes after 08/15/2022.
- Once the League system is available in the app, coming later this year, you'll have the ability to create a league and add (or link) any tournaments you've created & played in the app back to the league.
- If you need to set pairings or collect payment from players, you’ll need to do it before 08/15/2022. Please let us know if you have collected funds from players but you have not received a payout.
NOTE: Tournaments in the 18Birdies app will not support the same features as Tournament+ as we rebuild our tournaments product in the app. Here's an outline of what will be supported in-app tournaments versus Tournament +.
|Feature support||App Tournaments||Tournament+|
|Popular formats (stroke play, stableford, scramble, best ball, stroke play + best ball)||✔️||✔️|
|Ryder Cup||✔️ (coming soon)||🚫|
|Multiple courses, multiple rounds, multiple tees||✔️||🚫|
|Net or gross||✔️||✔️|
The results from any past tournaments played using Tournament+ before 08/15/2022 will be automatically transferred to the 18Birdies app. You can view your tournament results on the Leaderboards tab.
If you need help transitioning your Tournament from Tournament+ or League+ to the app, please reach out to support firstname.lastname@example.org.